Saturday, August 11, 2012

Alright....this is one step in the right direction...

Well...it's me again!  It's only the 1000th time I've attempted blogging about this journey.  I could look back and get frustrated, but I will choose to let my past failures fuel today's success.  Man...it's been frustrating being one that's sabotaged my progress.  Why???  Well...that is still to be determined.  I do know that I have a real control issue when it comes to food.  You may even say that I have an eating d/o.  Now, as a therapist, I know I don't have anything that can be clinically diagnosed, but there is a real issue.  When I'm stressed, I eat.  When I'm happy, I eat.  When I celebrate, I eat.  Eating isn't the problem, it's what I eat and how much that continues to keep me the same.  I LOVE TO EXERCISE!!! One of the problems is that I workout while continuing to eat poorly.  You got it; that keeps me the same weight.  I get excited when I see pounds lost, but because I celebrate with food, I end up in the same place.  THIS CYCLE HAS DRIVEN ME CRAZY for the last time!!! I ended a previous blog because I didn't want to confess that I had not lost the weight that I wanted to.  I was tired of posting the same kind of thing.  So...I stopped posting. It's my time again.  I have to work hard, but allow myself to make mistakes.  Because I am an all or nothing person, I have a very difficult time allowing mistakes to fuel me.  Though I know that I'm not perfect, I try to be.  That's another problem.  I am going to set daily, weekly, and monthly goals for myself.  It's time to track the good, bad, and indifferent.  Being honest with myself today is going to help me achieve the things I want for tomorrow.  So...follow me as I go for the goal!!!  

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're back! Try not to beat yourself up too much...just time to move forward right? Looking forward to seeing you reach your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait. You are a therapist who is perfect or nothing? Oh. You must be a good therapist because you certainly understand the human condition! I had to take off my self critical glasses and try to accept my incredibly flawed condition. Hard road my friend.

    The bright side is that you love exercise! I had a year where I worked out 4 hours per day and then rewarded myself with gigantic meals. After all - I deserved it and worked for it. Unfortunately I was not Michael Phelps so 10,000 calories was a little over my limit! Sigh. Damn slow metabolism!

    When you give up and the blog grows weeds around it - ThEN get mad. Until then, give yourself a little wee tiny break - for the sake of humanity. : ) I feel ya lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corletta!! I am so glad to read that you are still fighting the fight!!

    I totally identify with food being the problem. I eat really well and then I fall off the wagon and eat a bag of candy by myself as a "cheat snack" and that turns to eating garbage nonstop. I am still trying to put my foot down and say no, I will lose the weight and I will eat better. :)

    Can't wait to hear more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog - I'm excited to follow your journey as well! There is no failure - just making decisions to move forward. You can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete