Tuesday, August 21, 2012

9/70....I will not lose hope ;)

I'm still here!!!  I promise!!!  Though blogging has been something that I just couldn't get to, I'm still doing well.  I thought that I would post this goofy picture of myself to remind me that there is absolutely NO GIVING UP!!!!  This time is for real.  I've had a slip up or two, but I've gotten right back on it.  In fact, I just starting running with a group of friends again!  Running, I've missed you :)  Because I've had a broken big toe, I've had to find other ways to get my cardio in.  I've exhausted the elliptical and the stairmaster.  So...it's back to my favorite form of cardio, RUNNING!!!!  I've had a run or two by myself, but nothing to serious.  Though I haven't officially signed up, I'm training with the group to run a half :)  Guess what else?  My hott hubby and I have taken the Insanity Challenge!!!!  YUP, we are insane.  If you've never tried Insanity, it's just as it's name suggest, INSANE.  This was by far the hardest thing that I have ever done.  No really...it was hard.  Get this...it was only the fit test.  I felt so defeated.  I thought, "Man, I thought I was more fit.  I thought I was a better athlete."  Well...now I'm thinking, "I've got a long way to go."  Though I was getting a bit frustrated, I had to remind myself  that I'm doing a great thing; I'm taking my life back!!! Summer is over here in SC and I am excited.  Yes, you heard me right! For me, the summer is chaotic.  I have to juggle work, kids, vacation, birthday parties, etc, etc. When school is in, I am able to pack a healthy lunch, hit the gym twice a day, and monitor how I schedule my day.  I love the school year!!! So...this girl's Tuesday will consist of healthy meals, gym time with the hubby, and an early bed time!!!  I love it already :) 

Happy Tuesday!
p.s. I lost 2 pounds last week!  Not what I wanted, but I'll take it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the 2 pounds!!! You rock!!

    I love the fall also. I don't have kids, but I love running outside after work. In the summer it is too dang hot, so I have to run in the AM on the treadmill. Boo!

    I can't wait to see how great you do on the Insanity challenge. I watched part of the fit test and thought oh my gosh, that is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hearing about the Insanity Challenge! I'm jealous you're already into fall - we've got two more weeks before school starts and camp is done so my schedule has turned inside out!

    ReplyDelete