Tuesday, August 28, 2012

16/70

Bless America!! I can't get my butt to blog on the weekends to save my life :/  With kids and a full-time job, it really is the last thing on my mind.  I do want to post something each day, if only a little something.  Though my journey isn't going perfectly, I'm learning about myself each day.  No really...I'm beginning to understand the way that I tick.  In my mind, that's part of the battle.  Here's the thing; I'm not giving up!  I have set a goal for myself that will be met by Oct 25!!!  I know; that's a random date!!  That's actually the date my family and by best friends's (<----- not sure that's a word ) families will be vacationing together!!! I want to look and feel great!  Better yet, I want to have established healthy habits for me and my family!!!  Don't get me wrong; I want to lose weight!  I want to see a certain number on the scale; however, what I want more than anything is to have a heart and mind that desire health and wellness!!  I want to enjoy getting up and sweating in the am's!! I want to be able to choose a yummy salad over pizza because my body craves it!!  You know?!?!!? 

After reading this quote, I realized that I want to be strong.  I want to be strong in mind, body, and spirit.  After all, when one area is lacking, they all do.  Losing weight is hard.  Reshaping my mind is heart.  At this point, I know that I can meet my goal, but something in the back of my mind tells me that I won't. My mind is so weak and distracted by the times that I have failed in this pursuit before.  It's like I don't want to remember the time that I lost 45 pounds by myself.  Admitting that I've done it before removes all excuse of me not being able to do it again.  I can!!!  So...today, I will move forward in my endeavor to rid myself of excess.  I will drink water when I'm hungry to make sure that I'm not really thirsty.  Lastly, I will not get on the scale 10 times a day!  Starting yesterday :) , this girl is a one day a week weigher :)  So...stay tuned for Saturday's results...

Happy Tuesday :)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for staying focus! For recognizing your goal and what might hinder you from reaching it. You can do this!!! You're going to be smokin' hot by vacation ;o) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete