Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day 3 and 4/70

So...how do I begin today's post?  I have so much to say in such little time/room.  I guess it would be best to explain why I'm posting 2 days on one page.  It's confession time!  Yesterday, as I was enjoying Day 3 of my vacation, I decided to be lazy...ALL DAY :(  Now, there's no problem in having a lazy day, but mine was a bit extreme.  My hubby and I hung out and watched tv....ALL DAY.  I'm not even a tv watcher.  I didn't workout, I didn't eat well...it was all downhill.  Being lazy wasn't easy for me.  I had to talk myself into doing nothing all day.  I know; it sounds weird, but it's the truth.  I made a conscious decision to do nothing.  Because this busy girl had nothing spectacular to do, I ate.  Now, I didn't fall of the wagon, but I certainly didn't eat well.  I'm learning that I eat when I'm thirsty (didn't have any water yesterday), I eat when I'm bored (thoughts of food consumed my mind for 70% of the day), I eat when I feel guilty (I knew that I should be working out, but I didn't.)  This is weird...huh?!?!  I say all this to say, I'm learning who I am!!!  This is a big step in getting to the bottom of my issues with food.  Now that I know some of my triggers, I have to aim not to be triggered...at least not as often.

So...this morning, I woke up with a new attitude.  I said, "Dang it...I'm not gonna try to workout, I'm gonna do it!"  This quote is right!  There is a difference between trying and being triumphant!!!  I've gotta put in the work :)  So...today, I started with a 5 mile run....all by my lonesome.  Though my husband could have run with me, he didn't "feel" like it.  Ya'll....if I have to do this by my dang self....I'm gonna do it!!!  I'm not waiting around for someone to "want" to do this with me!  My 'hard as all get out' run was followed by a yummy strawberry smoothie.  As I type this blog, I'm downing some cold ice water!! See how today is gonna be better than yesterday?!?!!?

Here are some things that I'm gonna do to stay on track:
  • Food Journal (Count Calories)
  • Drink @ least a gallon of water a day
  • Blog
  • Weigh ONLY once a week
There you have it!!! I've done this before and it's time to do it again!!!  As promised, here are pictures of my current weight.  Nope...not excited to post these, but it's a part of the journey.  
8/16/12 After 5 mile run

There you have it!!  Happy Thursday!!!

p.s. Pictures will be posted every Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! That green color on you is awesome. I think you look great now...can't wait to see the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for getting back on the wagon with a 5 mile run! And you're right, identifying your food triggers is critical. You're moving forward Corletta - keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gooooo Corletta!!! I know you can do this! You are so strong and so amazing!!!

    If there is one thing I have learned, it is that you have to want to do it for yourself. Having friends/family do it with you certainly makes it easier, but either way you have to do it for you. I know you can do it, girl!

    ReplyDelete