Monday, August 13, 2012

1/70...Headed in the right direction...


It's Day 1 of 70 days to get fit!!! Yes; I did make my own challenge :)  I'm a girl that likes challenges, goals, deadlines, and most of all REWARDS!!!!!  So...I've decided that I am giving myself 10 weeks to take my life back. Once retrieved, I will cherish it forever.  Before spilling my guts, I've noticed that there are readers of my blog that don't respond.  SHAME ON ALL OF YOU :) I would love to hear from you!!! So...don't be strangers.  Introduce yourselves!!!

Now...back to the blog!!!  I've run marathons, 1/2 marathons, 10k's, 8k's, and 5k's!! I love everything about cardio and strength training.  Let's just say, I've been that girl that's tried to out train a poor diet.  I've known that it's not possible, but I guess I wasn't uncomfortable enough.  In my BUSY life, I've made excuses for not hitting the gym as often as possible.  Let's be honest, there were times that my body craved the gym, but my mind said, "Nah...take it easy and watch some tv.  After all, you've had a long day."  It's true; most of my days are long and hard, but what feels better than a good hard sweat at the gym??!!?!  That's right...not much!!!  

I'm motivated, determined, and will not allow anything to get in my way!  I'm tired of reminiscing about the girl I once was.  It's time to get that girl back.  In fact, she never really went anywhere.  I just allowed life to slow down the drive of a natural athlete/competitor.  I am hard on myself because I know what I'm capable of.  I promise, this time around, that I will work hard without excuse, but will listen to my body.  I will enjoy every bit of the next 70 days.  With a broken toe, the Olympics, and a hectic summer behind me, I'm ready to push forward for my gold metal!!!!  Gold Metal you ask?!?!??  A hott pair of jeans before I begin trying to have a baby!!!  Yea...that's the other part of this journey.  Though many would disagree, I want to get healthy prior to trying to get pregnant :)  I know, I know...I'm gonna gain weight anyways.  Here's what I'm thinking...I want to have healthy habits formed so that when I begin that process, I will be the best version of me for my family.  After all...when mama's happy, EVERYONE'S HAPPY!!!!  Happy Monday!

p.s.  I went for a 5 mile run with my hott husband this morning!!!  Tonight...BODY PUMP :)


1 comment:

  1. Good for you, girly! 70 days is a great amount of time to set some new habits and see your goals realized. Can't wait to see your results in 70 days!

    ReplyDelete