Saturday, January 21, 2012

Marathon Training....a love/hate relationship :/

You may be wondering why there' a gigantic 15 at the top of this post.  Well...this was how many miles I ran in the RAIN :/  When I woke up, I was over running before it even started.  It was raining and my running partner was 30 minutes away.  Of course, she was all kinds of excited to run.  I, on the other hand, did not want to run.  I'm not a quitter...so....I laced up my shoes and headed out the door.  She told me that it wasn't raining where we would be running. Of course, there was a DOWNPOUR when I got there :/.  Nope...I didn't have a fancy waterproof running jacket (my partner did though :/...only slightly bitter :) ) So...we were off.  Now...I've run a marathon before.  I've trained in the rain before.  My partner, on the other hand, has not.  Though she began super pumped, she ended less than excited.  We were completely soaked with aching knees, but WE DID IT!!!  I tell ya; this run reminded me that I'm alive.  Though it was a little unnerving having to run past numerous cemeteries, I thought, "Corletta, you're not dead, so persevere. You've been given another day to worship Christ.  So...do so through this run.  Give it all you've got. "  Believe it or not, this 'have to have music when I run' girl ran 11 miles with no tunes.  I listened to the wind,rain, and cars.  It was so stinkin refreshing.  Finishing the run reminded me of just how strong my body really is.  Now, don't let all of this fool you.  I've still got lbs to lose :)  You would think that the pounds would fall off after running a gazillion miles.  Well...this just ain't true :)  


Anyways...I'll be posting weight lose on Monday!  I've done really well this week.  I still want to work harder on getting to the gym during the originally decided times.  Also, I want to be more consistent with my water drinking.  Also (as if there aren't already enough things added), I want to make sure that I'm getting enough sleep.


So...keep reading!



2 comments:

  1. WooHoo! You go girl!! That is amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe these kinds of runs makes us stronger! Good for you for getting through it!

    ReplyDelete