Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Oooo...just a bump in the road...

Yup...this was how I felt on the day of my weekly weigh in, DISCOURAGED.  Really?  I went to the gym EVERY DAY.  I consumed a gallon of water EVERY DAY.  Yes, TOM was right around the corner, but 4 pounds gained...REALLY?  I could have taken this opportunity to  be motivate to continue, knowing that I had worked diligently that week; however, I allowed this to push me right over the edge....into emotional eating :/  Since the weigh in, I've gotten back on track.  In honesty, I don't stay off of track for very long.  Thank God :) The only problem with getting off track and getting back on is that I continue to play around with the same 5 pounds.   If I see 195 on that scale one more time...I'm breaking that scale.... :)  


I'm no genius, but I know that somethings gotta change.  I'm gonna let bumps in the road remind me that I'm moving.  I'm going to let obstacles remind me that there's a goal.  So, I've had to figure a few things out. I've decided that I am only going to allow myself to weigh in ONCE a week.  I can't allow myself to get on the scale anymore than that.  If I see a good number, I treat myself. If I see a "bad" number, I treat myself.  See where this is going?!?!?  There have been times where my relationship with the scale was better than it is now.  This may not be a permanent change, but right now, it's a MUST! So...along with that change, I have also decided to count every calorie that enters my mouth.  I have not been honest with the amount of calories that I am consuming.  I mean...what's an extra piece of _______ (fill in the blank) going to matter?  It all matters.  I confess; I have a body type that's generally more muscular and is well balanced as far as where fat is stored.  I can't tell ya how many times I've heard, "You weigh how much?  NO WAY...." I say all of that to say, I'm on this journey because I know what healthy feels like.  I know and love the benefits of being fit!


Though this blog started out as a 12 week journey, I've decided to shoot for specific dates for goals to be met.  My goals will extend past 12 weeks...The list is below...


March 10th (170's) : Marathon Day
April 21st (150's) : Birthday Weekend
June 1st (Hott Bod): Swim Suit Time...last summer before pregnancy...fingers crossed :)


Ok...there you have it.  Specifically, I would like to be 155 by my birthday!  I know that I can do this.  In fact, I will do this.  I can't wait to post progress posts for you all!  Hmmm...I think I'll start weekly progress pictures again.  Alright...there you have it :)


Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. You've got some good goals. Do you keep a food journal? I've tried it off and on but I'm always amazed by what I discover about my eating.

    You have the right attitude - can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete