Monday, February 13, 2012

Thanks to Pinterest.... Day 1

As one that's sick of the fluctuation in weight and as one that sweats like a man, this quote is right up my alley :)  Now, you must understand, I have recently been introduced to Pinterest.  JUST IN TIME :)  Just in time for what, you may ask.  Well...I'll tell ya.  I have a marathon coming up in 26 days.  That is exactly 3 weeks and 5 days. HOLY MOLY!  Do I feel prepared?  Not really :(  Don't get me wrong; I have been running. In fact, I have been running A TON!  Here's the thing.  I have yet to meet any of my weight loss goals.  Here's the cylce:
  • Start Hard
  • Lose Some Pounds
  • Become Excited with Loss
  • Reward Myself with a Food Celebration
  • Regain the Weight Loss
  • Get Discouraged
  • Begin AGAIN...
I may have just had an 'ah-ha' moment!  As a therapist, I help my students identify problems in the cycle.  Well dang!  I might have just found the problem in mine.  It appears that I celebrate with the wrong thing.  I must find another way to celebrate! At this point, self control with unhealthy food is a NEGATIVE.  After looking through motivational quotes on Pinterest, I ran across this one:

YUP!  This one is right on.  In fact, I think I've been hiding behind the fact that I do hide fat well.  YUCK :(  I do keep a food journal, but there are times that only a few things get written down.  I no longer want to pretend that things are peachy.  I want to admit my flaws for what they are :)  Boy, this sure is liberating! Anyways...I have decided to post a little something each day to remind myself of my ability to end marathon training well!  So...stayed tuned, it's going to be an interesting 26 DAYS!   Here's today's rundown...so far...
  1. Completed Morning Workout (3 mile run)
  2. Stayed Within Calorie Range
  3. Headed to the Gym for my pm workout!
See ya in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Love that pin! I may have to borrow that one (just discovered Pinterest too)!

    ReplyDelete